viernes, 23 de diciembre de 2011

Travel Journal: #1

Just the view from my appartment
It Wouldn't be Home without the Bump

             It’s the second day that I’ve woken up in Medellin with a bump on my head because I’ve outgrown my bunk bed so I basically have to drag myself out before sitting up, and I can’t sleep on the top because I move too much, but it wouldn’t be home without the bump. The cool thing about my bed is that I put a bunch of glow-in-the-dark stickers with the shape of stars and planets on the roof of the bottom bed, so when you turn off the light, it’s like you’re in space. Anyway, I’m finally done unpacking and fixing my old kid room.
 Around my neighborhood nothing has changed much, but the city itself is totally different from what I remember. The climate’s good, I can now wear jeans and a jacket without getting soaked in sweat. I’ve been hanging out with my neighbors as much as possible because they’ll be leaving soon for vacations so I guess after they go, I’m out of my parent’s house to spend some time with my grandmother since my brothers are staying there too, (I just don’t want to hang around too much around my dad, when he’s in vacation he picks on everyone). I’m probably going to sleep over at my neighbor’s house actually; I have nothing to do today apart from playing with my old toys.
                It’s funny actually, my mom caught me this morning playing with my Lego and stuff, I got a little nostalgic. I have these huge plastic boxes packed with Lego blocks, little figures, vehicles, and even structures! The cool part about having architect parents is that they help you make awesome Lego buildings, but I’m not as good as my parents so I ended up with this crummy “house”. I also started looking through old school projects my brothers and I made, some old photos, and I also found my old baby blanket! Of course it’s too small for me now, it only covers my feet.
                I’m going to make myself a sandwich for lunch and maybe go ride my bike with my neighbors if it stops raining, if not, I’ll just play some more Lego.


For more travel journals click here.

1 comentario:

  1. There is no shame in playing with Legos! sounds like you are having a great time. Please keep us posted.

    Love you!

    ResponderEliminar