martes, 27 de diciembre de 2011

Travel journal: #4

Morning view from my country house (those are clouds) you can imagine how high it is.

Who Knew Parrots Could Fight?
                Christmas is over, but the party still goes on for a while here in my family since my uncle Fernando comes tomorrow for New Year’s. Yesterday I came back from my country house in La Ceja; I did a lot of mountain biking and other stuff. I’ll probably go down to Rio Claro the 29th so I can zip line and go white river rafting but we’ll see, there’s still a lot of things to do.
                While I was at my country house, something tragically hilarious happened. You see, we have a lot of crazy animals including a very rude parrot. Now, when I say rude, I mean she knows all the possible insults that can be named in both, English and Spanish! I’m serious, I have never heard so many insults come out from anyone’s mouth, not even the people from Jersey Shore swear as much as Lorenza, the parrot, does!
Anyway, so while I was calmly riding my bike around with my friend Mateo, who is also my butler’s son, we heard a violent scream followed by a series of insults and cursing. We looked everywhere but we couldn’t see where it was coming from so we just kept riding. Later that day, while we were heading back Mateo came across a gruesome thing lying on the ground. Turns out it was Lorenza! Or, what was left of her at least. It was really sad because we had no idea of what happened to her but later that day when we were checking the video we recorded on Mateo’s helmet we saw what happened! We obviously had no idea the helm-cam had recorded it but it sure helped a lot with the grief. In the video, Lorenza was attacked by an eagle and she fought against it! It was awesome! Lorenza was actually landing some claws on the eagle while cursing and screaming! It was an awesome fight, and Lorenza did not die in vain because the eagle ended up dead too. They both killed each other so it was not a total loss, who knew parrots could fight?
I’m finally staying at my grandma’s place and we’re going to see a movie tonight and I do feel bad about Lorenza’s death, but what’s done is done, so we all have to move on with it.

1 comentario:

  1. Wow, An animal attack video and all. That photo is heavenly. Thanks for sharing.

    ResponderEliminar